MILLIONAIRE LOTTERY 2012/2013
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How many tickets are available for sale?
Millionaire Lottery: There are 117,000 tickets available for sale.
50/50 Plus Lottery: There are 482,600 tickets available for sale.
2. How much do tickets cost?
Millionaire Lottery: Singles (1 ticket) for $100, 2packs (2 tickets) for $175, 3packs (3 tickets) for $250 and 8packs (8 tickets) for $500.
50/50 Plus Lottery: Singles ( 1 ticket) for $10, 5packs (5 tickets) for $25, and 15packs (15 tickets) for $50.
3. How can I obtain a winners’ list?
A complete searchable winner’s database will be available on this webpage on or before February 17, 2013. A list of winners will also be published in The Province Newspaper on February 17, 2013.
4. What are the odds of winning?
Millionaire Lottery: Chances are 1 in 117,000 (total tickets for sale) to win a grand prize. Actual odds depend on number of tickets sold. All inquiries, if any, on the odds of winning, are to be made to the licensee prior to the purchase of ticket(s).
50/50 Plus: Odds of winning the 50/50 prize will depend on the number of tickets sold.
5. What is the 50/50 plus prize
50/50 Plus maximum prize payout can be $1,000,000, however the 50/50 Plus prize is dependent on the number of tickets sold. The 50/50 Plus prize is guaranteed to be a minimum of $100,000.
6. What happens if a bad payment is received?
If your cheque is returned to us by the bank or if a credit card payment is charged back you will be contacted by KNV Processing Services and given an opportunity to provide replacement payment within two business days. Any tickets issued will be considered invalid until replacement payment is received.
7. How old do you have to be to purchase a ticket?
Purchasers must be at least 19 years of age. If a winning ticket bears a minor’s name, the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
8. Can Millionaire Lottery tickets be purchased online?
Recently the rules governing British Columbia Charitable Lotteries have changed to allow for online ticket sales. Ticket purchasers must be in the province of BC when placing the order and the address given must be a valid BC address.
9. Can I purchase tickets if I am not a resident of British Columbia?
Yes, but there are certain restrictions and conditions which must be met.
The lottery is intended for BC residents. Ticket buyers must be in British Columbia at the time of purchase. A non-resident of British Columbia may purchase a ticket if the entire payment transaction takes place while the person is in British Columbia and if the ticket or a receipt is issued at that time. Tickets can be mailed to addresses outside the province of British Columbia.
Tickets or receipts can not be distributed to, mailed or otherwise sent to a non-residents third-party address in British Columbia.
10. How many prizes will be awarded?
Millionaire Lottery: 3,513 prizes will be awarded
50/50 Plus: 1 prize will be awarded. (The money received in ticket sales will be divided equally between the winner and the charity)
11. What is the total prize value?
Millionaire Lottery: Approximately $4,502,370 based on MSRP as provided by our suppliers and includes related taxes.
12. Is my ticket purchase tax deductible?
No, lottery tickets are not tax deductible; even though proceeds support a charitable cause.
13. Where do the proceeds from the Millionaire Lottery go?
The proceeds from the Millionaire Lottery support Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital and GF Strong Rehab Centre. Your purchase of tickets for the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation Millionaire Lottery helps our hospitals fund pioneering research, purchase new medical equipment and improve patient care.
14. If I win the Early Loyalty Draw, Fall Cash Draw, Christmas Cash Draw, or the Early Bird Draw, do I still qualify for the other prize draws including the Grand Prize?
Yes, after each draw the winner is recorded and the ticket number then goes back in for every prize category. Tickets must be purchased before the designated cut-off dates to be eligible for a prize.
15. What if I lose my ticket?
You do not need your ticket to claim your prize. Your name, address, and phone number are recorded in the database along with your ticket number. If you would like a replacement ticket, you can call 604-536-2105 or toll free 1-888-536-2105 or email [email protected]
16. Do I have to pay tax on any winnings?
Lottery winnings are considered a windfall and not taxable in Canada.
We respect your privacy. VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation protects personal information and adheres to all legislative requirements with respect to privacy.
We do not rent, sell, or trade our mailing lists. Information provided through ticket purchase will be used to deliver services and keep you informed on Foundation activities, including programs, services, and special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or give and more, through periodic contacts.
To be removed from these contacts, call (604) 875-4676 or email [email protected]
18. Can I request a specific ticket number?
No. Ticket numbers are computer-generated in ascending order starting at a pre-determined number.
19. Can I purchase tickets in multiple names?
Yes, although one person will be designated as the primary purchaser and will be responsible for distributing the winnings between the multiple purchasers. The licensee is not responsible for distributing winnings or resolving disputes between ticket purchasers.
20. How long do I have to claim my prize?
Prizes must be claimed within twelve (12) months of the Final Draw.
The Grand Prize winner must decide on which option they are taking within 10 days of being awarded the prize.
21. How will I know if I have won a prize?
The primary ticket purchaser will be notified by phone and/or mail by the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation as to what they have won and where/how to claim their prize(s). Prize winners will be published in The Province Newspaper on February 17, 2013. A complete list of winners will also be posted online on the same date at www.millionairelottery.com.
22. How long does it take to receive my ticket?
You should receive your ticket in approximately 3 – 4 weeks after the order is placed. If you do not receive your ticket(s) within 3 – 4 weeks, you may call 604-536-2105 or 1-888-536-2105 or email [email protected]
23. When are the deadlines for ticket sales?
Early Loyalty Cash Sales Deadline
Midnight Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Fall Cash Sales Deadline
Midnight Thursday, November 22nd, 2012
Christmas Cash Sales Deadline
Midnight Friday, December 7th, 2012
Early Bird Deadline
Midnight Monday, December 24th, 2012
Final Sales Deadline
Midnight Tuesday, January 15th, 2013
24. How can I be sure my tickets are in the draw?
The professional services firm, KNV Chartered Accountants LLP, ensures that all paid tickets are in the draw.
25. Will my name be publicized if I am a winner?
Yes, all winners’ names are publicized as part of the winners list.
26. How are the prizes awarded?
Millionaire Lottery: All Prizes are drawn manually from a barrel in order of ascending value. Each ticket is re-entered for every prize category
50/50 Plus: The 50/50 winner is drawn manually from a barrel
**Separate barrels are used for each of the Millionaire Lottery and the 50/50 Plus Draw.
27. What are the guidelines for buying tickets?
- Purchase by phone, fax, mail, online or in person at the prize homes, London Drugs, or VGH.
- One method of payment only for phone, fax and web orders.
- Credit Cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Mail in purchases can be made by Credit Card, Cheque or Money Order.
- London Drugs will not accept Personalized Cheques, but they will accept Money Orders (made out to London Drugs Limited), Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Cash.
- The prize homes will accept Personalized Cheques as well as Money Orders (made out to Millionaire Lottery), Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Cash.
- The sales kiosk at the Hospital will accept Cheques, Money Orders (made out to Millionaire Lottery), Cash, and Credit Cards. Debit Cards may or may not be accepted.
- All Cheques should be made payable to Millionaire Lottery.
- All Single, 2pack, 3pack, or 8packs must contain the same purchaser’s information and will be mailed to the primary ticket holder.
- 50/50 Plus orders will not be accepted without the purchase of a Millionaire Lottery Single, 2pack, 3pack, or 8pack.
- Each 50/50 Plus Lottery ticket must contain the same customer information as the Millionaire Lottery Single, 2pack, 3pack or 8pack it was sold in conjunction with.
- 50/50 Plus tickets must be ordered in conjunction with your Millionaire Lottery tickets.